Saturday, June 9, 2007

The day before yesterday, I took my 16 year old daughter to get her learners permit. She passed the "written" test just fine (it was on computer so no actual writing) but couldn't pass the vision exam. Her glasses were sitting home in 3 peices thanks to the 3 year old.

So I took her home, and later that evening went to work with some ceramic glue and managed to peice them back together. Yesterday morning we headed back to the DMV with the fragile glasses. The DMV is about 25 minutes away and we were about half way there when she tried the glasses on, only to realize they were NOT her glasses, they were her brothers. So we turned around and went home to switch glasses and then went back to the DMV where she got her learners permit.

Upon arriving home I let her park the car. Actually I MADE her park the car. This was the first time she has driven and she was nervous. I kept making her back up and try again. Then I tried something a little more tricky and had her park in a different spot. She crashed into the van. We own a vintage Merceded 300D which is now missing a headlight. OOPS.

I made her practice parking a little more or i am afraid she never would have driven again.

The rest of the day was spent encouraging people to clean and being pretty lazy myself.

love, deBBie

2 comments:

Beth said...

you have a beautiful family!

i enjoyed reading your entries.

you should write some more.

=)

Bob said...

Funny funny funny. You have a hilarious writing style.

--Robert