Tuesday, October 9, 2007

OH What a BEAUTIFUL Morning.

















These are the views I had from my front porch this morning. The one on the left was taken by my 10 year old daughter. I took the one on the right. There was a light fog which the sunrise was filtering through.



For those that haven't seen it yet, below is a picture of the house we are renting...



It is an old 5 bedroom farmhouse on a huge hazelnut orchard. It is spacious and fun, and old and cold...or hot. I am so grateful for it. The housing market here is very pricey and out of our ability to afford, while the rent we are paying is very low. It is such a blessing.


Couldn't help showing you a few more pictures that I took this morning. Try not to be jealous. But maybe the view from your life is just a wonderful?















Here is another blessing, my baby...

trying on a Halloween hat I. I don't think she liked it!


















The rest of us are doing OK. Earl is still driving his truck 6 days a week. We are so grateful when he has work work although he is missed a lot.


We took this picture of Dad's truck a while ago.


My oldest daughter is getting ready to take her psat's as this is her junior year. She has also been asked to illustrate a book called "Henry goes to church"... as part of the process we visited Henry...here is a picture. Henry is on the right.



This summer I visited a camp for the blind in Sandy Oregon as a possibility for an upcoming reunion I am planning. This is a picture I took of my daughter on the swing set there. It was a lovely place with lots of room, but there was one MAJOR problem. There was only ONE women's bathroom. Granted it had 3 shower heads but we aren't blind so that wouldn't work.
There were some minor problems like price was more than I originally thought but it was a very nice place.


I feel like I need to type something for all of my kids, mother's guilt, but I will just say they are all doing well. School has been going well for most of them and not to bad for others.

I really enjoyed the LDS General Conference this weekend. I was able to stream it in from byutv.org/streaming it is also available from lds.org I just sat and listened and crocheted. I remember when I was a child conference seemed to last FOREVER...now it is much too short. I heard a lot of things that I appreciated but I think what stuck the most was President Eyerings talk on acknowledging the hand of God in all things. We based our Family Home Evening on that talk and I gave the children books to jot down for one week the things that they are grateful for and also how they see the hand of God in their lives.

Sister Beck's talk on Mothers who KNOW was a good encouragement to do better as a mom and create more order in my home. Elders Scott's talk has me thinking about each activity as "Good Better or Best"?. Not sure where Blogging falls...probably Good. If I print it up and place it in my journal will that make it better?

love to my family and friends,
-deBBie

1 comment:

JoJo said...

Beautiful pictures! I should wake up and look at the sunrise... sometime... haha. For now, I am enjoying sleeping until I am forced to wake up by Peter (and then nurse him in bed).